Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:42 AM   #1

I've been using Qimage for ages and thought I had mastered most of its, shall we say, quirky habits but sometimes I get the following problem.

After doing what is necessary in Rawshooterand transferring to QimageI click on the relevant thumbnail, it goes to the small top right window, I click on it to activate it then click on the lower right icon for full page editor. Up comes the full page of the shot and I can corner drag, move, add type, etc. as needed.

But sometimes, when I click on full page editor, up comes the shot but I can't activate it. Can't move it, nothing. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Also can someone tell me, because I can find nothing relevant in help, why on occasion the thumbnail, (top right again) has a small red 1x2 or 2x2 sitting there.

I haven't askrd for two copies of anything or done anything out of the ordinary.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Fencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:06 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! The little 1x2 indicates the print is a poster because you added it at a size larger than the current page can handle. That might also explain why some options on the page editor are disabled: some options don't work for posters. To avoid that, just make sure you don't add the image at a size that is larger than the current page size.

Mike
htp://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:51 PM   #3

Many thanks, that makes sense. I tend to switch print sizes frequently; probably a 7x5 or 4x6 to send to friends then do an A4 or A3 for myself. I suppose I should stick to a routine that avoids these mistakes.

Thanks again,

Den.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:49 AM   #4

Followed your advice Mike and everything is OK. My own fault for not establishing a proper workflow but since I usually just print one-offs it didn't seem important. Thanks again for the help.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:00 AM   #5

No problem. Glad you got it worked out.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote