Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:28 PM   #1

I am trying to print some greeting cards using a template .psd file provided by Crane for Museo card stock. I have no trouble printing from Photoshop but Qimage gave me the message that the print size is larger than one page and do I want to use multiple pages or it will scale it down. The template has been flattened to a tiff so that the bacvkgournd part is exactly 5.81 x 9" with the photo on one end just where it should be. I went to the printer driver and made a custom paper size and it prints fine because the template part is white or maybe transparent, not sure as the cards are not white-white. I don't think Qimage will print a layered PSD, correct? So is there any way I can print these with Qimage? I just purchased the Studio upgrade and planned to use it to print about 50 cards because it is faster.

Thanks,
Judy
Digidiva100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2008, 8:59 AM   #2

Is 5.81 x 9 really larger than one page? That'd fit on a normal letter size sheet. Can you give me more info on the size of the page versus the size of the print? I'm just not sure what you are trying to do.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:25 PM   #3

The template is that size so that is the size of the "image". In Photoshop, I get the message that the image is larger than the printable area, do I want to proceed and I say OK. Since the page part is white, it prints perfectly. So in other words, the template and the size of the paper are identical so Qimage wants to make it smaller to fit on the paper because it sees the "image" as the same size as the paper. But don't worry about it, I have already printed a dozen from Ps and it doesn't take long since the actual image on the template is only 5.25 x 3.87". I guess you would have to write the program to give that message about it being larger than the printable area to be able to print it as is.

Judy
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:33 PM   #4

Digidiva100 wrote:
Quote:
The template is that size so that is the size of the "image". In Photoshop, I get the message that the image is larger than the printable area, do I want to proceed and I say OK. Since the page part is white, it prints perfectly. So in other words, the template and the size of the paper are identical so Qimage wants to make it smaller to fit on the paper because it sees the "image" as the same size as the paper. But don't worry about it, I have already printed a dozen from Ps and it doesn't take long since the actual image on the template is only 5.25 x 3.87". I guess you would have to write the program to give that message about it being larger than the printable area to be able to print it as is.

Judy
Oh. I see what you are doing. That can be done in Qimage with just one additional step. Actually, Qimage gives you the same message. In Qimage if you select "original size" in the size dropdown, it will tell you that the image size is larger than one page and will ask if you want it to span more than one page. Answer yes (same as you would in PS). Initially, it'll give you a poster that is more than one page: a poster is the default since Qimage can print posters and PS cannot. Just click the "full page editor" button under the preview page in Qimage, click the "Cropping" tab on the right, and then click the "test strip" button (icon of a vice). That will instantly turn your multi-page poster into a "test strip" where the image is fit onto one page without any size change or shrinking. That will produce identical sizing to PS.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 4:11 PM   #5

Thanks, Mike. I'll try it and see how long it takes to do that and if I have to do it each time for different cards.

Judy