Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old May 26, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1

After hundreds of perfect borderless printsusing Qimageand an HP B9180 (mostly 4X6s), prints started coming out with the image shifted diagonally on the media, leaving white borders approx. 1/8" wide on the left and bottom. After many hours of troubleshooting, I have learned that, after re-installing the print driver, other software programs (HP Photoshop Premier, Adobe CS3, etc.) produce correctly alignedborderless prints. But as soon as I attempt to print from Qimage, the problem starts. Once initiated, then the other software also produce shifted prints. This continues until I uninstall and re-install the print driver. Then all is o.k. until I use Qimage again.

Thinking this might be a problem with the latest version, I tested versions 212, 211, 208 and 108. All behaved the same, even though the older versions had worked correctly in the past.

There is no problem with non-borderless prints -- they print correctly at all times.

I use a Windows XP machine with 2 GB of RAM. The printer is networked, but when I installed it as a USB printer, the behavior was the same.

I approached HP with this problem; their solution was to replace the printer. But this made no difference. I also tried many other things, including deleting and rebuilding the spool directory. A search of the internet uncovered some posts describing similar problems, but no explanations or solutions. Any thoughts would be very helpful, since I really miss being able to use Qimage.

John
jboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2008, 10:44 PM   #2

SOLVED! Just as I posted this, someone on the DR Review discussion group provided the solution. Turns out that one setting in Qimage caused the whole thing. Edit - Preferences - Printing Options - Print Spooler - Format was set to "RAW" -- changing it to "Use Printer Settings" fixed everything. I am very happy to have Qimage back. Sorry for the false alarm.

John
jboland is offline   Reply With Quote