Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:25 PM   #1

I have printed up to 72" long with great results. I have an order for a 40"x120" canvas and attempted to print using Qimage with an HP z3100. The print terminated about two feet short of completion with no errors or warnings. What would cause this?

cqheinbaugh
cqheinbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:48 AM   #2

pc memory overload could do that

for image to look good at 12 foot long then the image size must be huge so it think that the error would stem from the file handling as i have had similar with very high res panoramas

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:37 PM   #3

I also read on other forums that the driver for the z3100 may be responsible. Does anyone know of a solution for this problem. From what I read, the qimage feature that prints the same image across several pages doesn't work either because the HP driver creates an inch space between the pages. Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,
cqheinbaugh
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:03 PM   #4

dont know a work around mate but i have a hp designjet wide format and that will not do a full page borderless print due to the drivers but it seems to have no prob with length, i use a dedicated pc for printing that as 1gig or ram and tons of free space

the thing that makes me think its memory is that it doesnt give an error.... like i said i have had similar probs........while editing not just printing.....where software as just closed with no warning

i know its a pain as your wasting ink and canvas, can you find out if there is a limit to length of print, but remember that your new size is 80% longer than your trouble free 72" one.

hope someone can be a bit more usefull than me as my thoughts are just educated guess based on my experiences

Gary
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:58 PM   #5

Thanks for your input. I had been working in photoshop and bridge before I started the print. I'll try printing after startup with no other programs open and see what happens.
cqheinbaugh
Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:35 PM   #6

good idea mate

what u can do to see how much ram photoshop uses (and it can be lots) is when its open, press alt/crtl/delete at the same time then click task manager on the box that opens and then processes, this show what amount of ram your programes are using, currently photoshop is using 450 megs of ram on my pc which is tons !!!

thats why i have a seperate pc for printing, thats in the loft with my printer cos its too big for anywhere else LOL

Gary