Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:48 AM   #1

Default Printing in b/w, I'm having problems

I have an Epson 2200 printer and use QImage extensivelly for all my printing needs. I would like to get b/w prints from my grayscale files. At the moment I have to set black ink only on the printer settings to get b/w prints. Is there a way with QImage to print with out having to set the printer at black ink only. I get a purple shade on my prints when I try to print b/w images with Qimage and the setting on the printer is not on for black ink only.

Thank you
yvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2003, 8:20 AM   #2

Magenta cast is a common issue with the 2200. You need to create gray balancing curves using the batch filter, or adjust the print driver settings to eliminate the cast. Using a custom ICC profile should also do the trick:
http://www.ddisoftware.com/printerprofiles
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:40 PM   #3

i had the same problem with my epson 2200. the reason is that the profiles used in the printer driver are not gray balanced. the way to fix it is to download a copy of the epson gray balancer software and calibrate your printer against it. you can create and store B&W profiles for sepia, B&W or whatever else you wish to create. I dan't remember the website, try rogergalbraithe or do a web search for "epsn gray balancer"
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote