Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 18, 2008, 5:17 AM   #1

After doing fresh Windows Xp install, QImage won't recognize original size from image file. If I bring 10cm x 20cm @ 240dpi tiff image(using original size), Qimage defaults it smaller so that image is 300dpi. Qimage shows correct size if but mouse over selected thumbnail or Print queue. But if I add to queue Qimage thinks every image is 300dpi. I have to manually scale them to correct size.

I know something is wrong in my new system, but what it could be? How Qimage reads image size from tif file, is there something(windows xp setting/tweak) that could affect qimage image size reading abilities?
Everything else is working fine and other programs like Wasatch have no problems reading correct size. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Aldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:37 PM   #2

You probably have the DPI override checked. Click "Custom" in the print size drop down and then check "Original Size" and uncheck the override box.

Mike
http://www.ddsoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 1:20 AM   #3

Thanks, that solved it. I have used Qimage over two years and still have a lot to learn, it seems. I was trying to find this default 300dpi but never thought it was in custom and original size under menu. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Aldberg is offline   Reply With Quote