Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 29, 2008, 3:55 AM   #1

I'd like to upgrade to Studio version mainly on account of the new raw download ability but I have a couple of questions.

Last time I downloaded the Pro upgrade my computer tried to re-load the entire programme each time I started it. Clicking on the "X" button stopped it and the programme loaded normally but it was, and is, a nuisance.

Since I'd prefer to have a CD anyway, should I just buy the CD and delete the previous edition of Pro, starting from fresh? Would I lose any data, photos, etc.?

At present for raw, (95% of my stuff),I use RS for my 20D and DPP for my 40d but I'd really like to have one programme that would handle them both.

Any help would be appreciated.
Fencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2008, 1:11 PM   #2

The only way it would try to install every time is if you set a shortcut to the install file itself instead of letting the install create its own icon. Either that, or there's something fouled up in the operating system (add/remove programs) on your computer. Since the CD basically runs the same install file, except off the CD instead of your hard drive, I don't think the CD will install any differently. Whether it is worth it to have a physical install CD or not... that's your decision. Either way, thanks for considering the Studio Edition!

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote