Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Oct 9, 2008, 9:56 PM   #1

I have been using Q-image for some time. Tonight I went to print some pictures, opened the program, and it could not find my folders. I dowloaded the most recent version 2009.106, restarted the coputer and it still won't find them. When the program comes up, it shows "My Documents" with a + beside it. That folder contains a number of other folders including my image folders. If I click on the + to expand it, the + goes away but it does not expand. QImage does not seem to see any of the subfolders. I haven't changed the folders, etc. I checked my virus and spyware to allow QImage to have full acdess, still no luck. Any idea what happened and how I can fix it? I can access those folders and images through other software with no problem.
alpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:14 AM   #2
Administrator

Are you sure you're looking in the correct My Documents folder?

Depending on the version of Windows you're using, you may have 5 or more "My Documents" folders, all located under c:\Users

For example, mine is here (substitute your actual Windows login name for myusername below):

c:\Users\myusername\My Documents

But, I've also got folders elsewhere, like these:

c:\Users\Default\My Documents
c:\Users\Public\My Documents

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:34 AM   #3

Yes, I thought of that and checked everyone. The crazy thing is the program has worked fine for a very long time. I used it last about a week ago and haven't done anything to the computer. I even tried the reset to default setting. For some reason, it just does not see those folders.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:21 PM   #4

I looked at the My Documents properties and found that "Hidden" was checked. I unchecked it and Qimage found them. I have no idea how that got checked. I never change those properties.