Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Oct 31, 2008, 1:20 AM   #1

Am trying to set up a page of 8 giftags on a 16x20cm page. Need to work out how to drag 1 image into this page so all 8 tags have the i image inserted directly. Is the Cut Outs/Framing Images the correct tool or am I missing something?? Currently have the file set up and saved as .frame.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick:?
Nick Wellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2008, 1:35 AM   #2

May make more sense by adding image of what I am trying to achieve - attached are the tags I am trying to automatically add the 1 image into to have 8 images per page surrounded by this artwork. Have also read best to have image centred but this would not suit my purpose. Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:47 PM   #3

If I understand what you are trying to do, you want to add that image (below) to the queue 8 times. To do that, select "Custom" size from the size dropdown and then select "Number of prints per page" and enter 2 columns and 4 rows. Once you've done that, just add your image (pictured) to the queue 8 times. That should fill the page exactly as you've shown it. Then click the little "F" button at the top right of the preview page to set the page to freehand placement. You can then drag templates (last item in the thumbnail grid) to the page, size them, and move them to the black portion of each image on the page. Just make sure your templates appear at the bottom of the queue so they'll appear on top of the other images. To move the templates to the bottom of the queue, just select one (marked "template") in the queue and press the down arrow on the keyboard until it is at the bottom of the queue. Do this each time you drag a new template to the page. It can take some time to align them and size them but once you are done, you can click "File", "Save" and save what you've done as a layout. That way you can load it back at any time and when you double click thumbnails in the queue, those images will be added where the templates show on the page, one at a time.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 3:47 PM   #4

Cheers Mike,

I will give this a try - thanks for all your help on this.

Nick