Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:38 AM   #1

i have been reading the turtorial for adding custom profiles.

am i on the right track?

check that prtr icc is off

choose new profile

select profile

pick the one from the spool/drivers/color menu where the profile has been placed?

or i hope that is where the profile ends up

and of course be sure that the printer color management is turned off in the print driver.
dash-dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:28 AM   #2

That sounds generally correct, but you'd really have to follow the directions that come with the profile. Any profile worth it's weight will come with instructions on exactly how to set the print driver to match the profile. Without instructions, a printer profile is rather useless. For example, the profile instructions should tell you what type of paper to select, what quality settings to use in the driver, whether or not to turn color management off, whether or not it is advisable to choose "high speed" or any other options in the driver, etc.. To get a profile to work properly, you have to know the exact printer settings used when that profile was created, otherwise you risk that the profile isn't being used properly. Hopefully your profile came with such instructions.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2008, 10:35 AM   #3

thanks for the input.

i will be making my own profile using colormonki and as yet am waiting for a new part for my printer to be able to start the process.

up to this point i have been using qimage and the printer profiles that have been downloaded from a variety of sites. I am using an HPB9180.

perhaps when i actual start making some profiles the next setps will be clearer by the color monki device.

i really want to continue using qimage as really like the program but am wanting to take my printing skills to another level with calibration of my monitors, printers, etc.

dash-dart is offline   Reply With Quote