Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:43 PM   #1

I get excellent results printing to this little dye sub printer when I plug in a memory card. Nice saturated colors, etc., perfect for "Santa shoots" and such.

I'm getting poorer results when I print to it through Qimage. The printer does not come with a profile, so for the first test I told Qimage to not use a profile. The colors were unsaturated and kinda gloomy.

So I poked around and found that someone had created a profile, downloaded it, and pointed Qimage to that profile. The results were better, but still not up to what I normally expect when I pop in a memory card.

I have the printer driver properties (in Win XP) to neutral, and there's no way to tell the driver to let Qimage manage the printing. I reckon I could tinker with the settings in the driver to improve things, but I'd like to hear if anyone here has any Handy Hints for better results Qimage > Selphy 720?
Jack Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:14 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with that model but one thing you might try is to set you Prtr ICC in Qimage to sRGB. It'll warn you that sRGB is not a printer profile but it sounds like the printer may be set up for sRGB and if your images are in another color space (like Adobe RGB) that might be the problem.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:28 PM   #3

Perfect. That was it! Me likee.

Thanks!
Jack Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote