Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:31 AM   #1

I am picking up a Epson 4800 this weekend! I am so excited.

Anyway, I have qimage pro studio right now and use it with my R1800 and 1400 (ut14 b&w inks) and love it.

I have 2 questions about the 4800.

1) I have heard that this printer is a paint to get prints centered. From time to time I do 11x14, 11x17 and 12x18 prints on my R1800 using 13x19 paper. Everything works perfectly with the r1800 but I read somewhere that a 12x18 will not center on the 4800 because of the margin limit of the 4800...something about it having to have a small amount to grab the paper. How would I go about getting a centered image on 13x19 paper or any other paper size?

2) I have never used roll paper, but now that I am getting this printer it makes sense. How would I go about printing lets say 4 4x6 prints so that it lays out all 4 horizontally?

Thanks
shuttershane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2009, 1:56 PM   #2

Centering is all just a function of the driver and printer settings. I don't know if the 4800 is physically capable of centering a 12x18 print on 13x19 paper but there's an easy way to find out. Just choose "centered" printable area in the driver and then look at the printable area listed above the preview page in Qimage. If it's less than 12 inches in one direction or 18 inches in the other direction, it may not be possible unless you select borderless or "no margins" in the driver and that's a whole different can of worms. The answer to the 4x6 question is the same: if your printable area is less than 16 inches across, there is no way to get four 4x6 prints across the page. If you had 12 inches available across the page, you could get three 4x6 prints across.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote