Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 28, 2009, 1:04 PM   #1

After hearing great reports and messing with the demo, I just purchased the studio version an hour or so ago. Whilst I'm waiting for the unlock code / username & password I seem to have come across a problem. I have a 20x16 inch image to print at 150ppi but even though I set "original size" in qimage it's making it 8x10 for some reason ie 4 of them fit along the top of a 36" page. I've been flicking through the manuals and tutorials etc but cannot seem to find someone with the same problem. Any advice?

Thanks in advance for any help, I can't wait to get the studio version going and testing it with my Epson 9880. I put the file together in Photoshop CS2, 20x16 @ 150 ppi (or is it dpi?)

Thanks!

Chiefyy

P.S. Just got my codes through so I have full studio version installed. Still the same.
Chiefyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:35 PM   #2

I think you have to select the paper size in the printer driver first. Then when you bring in your photo, it will be sized to fit the paper selected.
Gritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:14 PM   #3

Well basically I'm trying to nest / print a lot of 20x16 images onto a 36inch roll. So I have set the paper size to user defined at 36x36, roll paper (banner) and save paper option is ticked so the print will finish at the perfect point for me to manually cut the canvas. I don't think I have the settings wrong.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:57 PM   #4

SOLVED by MChaney! Well for Jpegs anyway, in the post "Original size defaults 300dpi" from September 2008.

"Click "Custom" in the print size drop down and then check "Original Size" and uncheck the override box."

Thanks MChaney and thanks for the suggestions Gritty. It's still doing the same to the .psd files although it says its 762ppi or some such even though it's 150ppi I made it at.

Thanks again folks. I will be using QImage daily from now on I believe and will keep an eye on these forums to see if I can offer any assistance.