Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:50 PM   #1

Right, I have bitten the bullet and bought SE by PayPal

I may be asking the obvious i.e. it could all be contained in the email when it comes???

So, do I uninstall the trial version before installing the Studio Edition? And in that respect I did create a 'custom' size for greetings cards, as my trial has expired is there any way to keep that special size I made?

Oh, another questiion which may be covered elsewhere. I recall I used the Hybrid Sharpening during the trial (I think I read that was the overall recommenadtion) but as Studio has "Hybrid SE" is that the one to use from now on?

Many thanks in advance for your further support & feedback.
:bye:

PS Looking to the future ~ what is the advised methodof installing the updates as they become available:?

Box Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:15 PM   #2

Hi All

Anyone else apart from Mike know the answers to my questions?

I have my unlock and have downloaded the reg version so would like to get on and get it installed?

TIA 8)

Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:21 PM   #3

No need to uninstall anything. Just install the registered version and it overwrites the trial. Hybrid SE is for softer prints, like portraits where you may not want to see every minute detail but you want a smooth print. For normal (everyday) use, use the regular hybrid as it is the best compromise. Also, anything you installed (like custom sizes) should still be available.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:37 PM   #4

mchaney wrote:
Quote:
No need to uninstall anything. Just install the registered version and it overwrites the trial. Hybrid SE is for softer prints, like portraits where you may not want to see every minute detail but you want a smooth print. For normal (everyday) use, use the regular hybrid as it is the best compromise. Also, anything you installed (like custom sizes) should still be available.

Mike
Mike

Thanks for the feedback & support

I am glad its that straightforward and based on that installing any updates would be the same without loss of custom settings etc.

On that note when updates are installed do you have to reapply the license?

Just a last thought ~ I do think this fora needs "stickies" for such questions as mine that come up. Searching revealed nothing :sad:hence the questions.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:38 AM   #5

Only time you have to enter the unlock code again is if you move to a different computer, reinstall the operating system, or in the rare case we retire old unlock codes.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote