Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:23 AM   #1

Default Qimage won't save printer settings

This is a nightmare. When I adjust the printer driver settings via Qimage 'Printer/Page Setup' tab they default back to 'normal document settings' when I hit the 'Print' button! If I just try to put the correct settings straight in at the 'Print' tab stage it still defaults and prints at some crappy 'Normal Document' or something similer setting. Printer is a B9180. HELP!!!
Csharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:06 AM   #2

Default Actually ...

Mike did warn me that this happens to all your Saved Jobs if you ask Qimage to 'Reset Printer Settings'. So I think this is the problem. It means you have to redo all your Saved jobs from scratch if you want them to use the correct printer settings. This is a bit of a pain!

Is there any chance of a software fix that will modify the Saved jobs to hold onto the printer settings once they are re-entered. It seems like a bit of a weakness to the principle of 'Recall' of saved jobs, if it is not robust enough to be able to renew the print settings? Maybe it is impossible though, but I thought I'd ask.

Last edited by Csharr; Jun 15, 2009 at 5:09 PM.
Csharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:20 AM   #3

You've been hit with an HP driver incompatibility issue. When you last updated your B9180 driver, the old saved settings are no longer compatible with the new driver. Click "Help", "Reset Printer Settings" in Qimage and then go back into Qimage and manually set up the driver settnigs (don't load any prior settings). That should fix the problem.

Mike