Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Nov 5, 2003, 9:00 PM   #1

Default Re-Down loading trial version

I have used up my free trial time. I was told that I could simply remove the program from my computer and then re-download the trial version again.
Well it won't work. I still get the message that the trial version timelimit is up.
HELP.
Anyway to get a passcode w/o paying $40?
Thanks
brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2003, 3:34 PM   #2

Mike Chaney's probably too much of a gentleman to answer this as it deserves to be answered, so I'll do it.

You ask for help. Here it is - pay the $40. You'll get an excellent software package, enthusiastic support and unlimited upgrades. Mike is a guy with a living to make - he works hard to improve and support his product and deserves to be paid for his efforts. He's not a mega-corporation that charges a fortune for the product and another fortune every time they add a few new features.

QImage is excellent value at $40. There's nothing else on the market quite like it.

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2003, 6:58 PM   #3

I'm only joking about a free code. Really I was.
My issue is that I'm a poor school teacher w/o a load of cash to spend on new software. I downloaded the programs free trial version and used it probably 3 times before the time ran out. I was hoping to play some more but did not have the time. So I was hoping to re-load it and try it out a bit more before buying it.
Please tell me about Mike Chaney. Did he write the program? Or is he an employee of some company. I'm more willing to support the little guy's of this world.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 7:33 AM   #4

I'm the little guy. :-) I own the company and wrote the software. The only way to get more "play time" with Qimage is to wait until the next major release and then download and install. The evaluation clock resets with each major release.
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 8:02 AM   #5

I bought the software yesturday and the ICC profile for my c-700uz.
Question...
I'm trying to figure out how to set up the monitor and printer for better/ truer colors. What ICC should I use for the monitor (Dell) and printer (HP photosmart 7550) if neither manufacturer shows one on the support sights. I'm not able to purchase a $300 unit to do it my self.
But the Alps seem to have a purple hue when I print.
Could the Digital enhancement on the print itself be conflicting w/ the camera ICC and the Q-image program?
Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 8:01 AM   #6

You may want to start out trying to adjust things for your taste before getting into profiles. If you want accurate profiles, you could try our own Profile Prism: http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism

It is $79 and would allow you to calibrate your monitor (visually) and develop profiles for your printer. The other option is to look in places like http://www.inkjetmall.com to see if they have a profile for sale for your printer and paper. A third option is to pay something like $40 to have a custom profile made for your printer with your favorite paper. Places like http://www.cathysprofiles.com can do that for you.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 7:50 PM   #7

What's the chance of you/ your company creating an ICC for the HP photosmart 7550 any time soon?
2nd Question, I have a number of ICC files on my computer, don't know where they came from but, should I try using one of the others besides the generic one you suggested?
Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:39 PM   #8

We are limited in the number of printer profiles we can produce and basically on produce profiles for the evaluation printers that we get from various companies and that is driven largely by the impact of that particular printer on the digital photo printing community; the more popular the printer, the greater chance of us profiling it.

As to which profile to use, if you can't confirm where it came from you are most likely not going to have any idea how that profile is supposed to be used either. If you don't have both the profile itself and specific instructions for how to set up the print driver with your profile, that profile is completely useless.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 7:46 PM   #9

Default If I were to buy a profile package...

If I were to buy a package to create my own profiles what would you suggest? I've looked at Color Vision's Spyder w/ Print Fix, but it, the Print Fix unit, has not gotten good reviews. I've also looked a Monaco EZ Color 2.5. It has gotten much better reviews from what I've seen.
If I create a profile w/ these, can I simply apply them thru the Q-Image program?
Thanks
Anthony
Old Nov 28, 2003, 2:36 PM   #10

Monaco EZ Color is a good product, however, a little pricey compared to our own Profile Prism: http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism

I'd recommend getting Profile Prism for profiling your printer (and cameras/scanners) and a colorimeter based profiling tool for the monitor such as the Spyder at http://www.colorvision.com