Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jun 30, 2009, 6:17 PM   #1

Default Access violation

Hi All,
I am new here.
I have a problem with Qimage Studio latest version 265, which was also present on 264 and 263 earlier today.
When I try to set out a page for printing eight images on an A3 sheet I have a problem in that the image (jpg) will not transfer and I get the following message when trying to transfer images to the page.
'Access violation at address 00406062 in module Qimage. exe. Read address 5F313131'.
Would someone kindly tell me what is happening and how I can erradicate the problem.
Best Wishes
nikonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:03 AM   #2

Default Access Violation

Hi Again,
I have run System Mechanic and Registry Distiller but the problem remains.
I uninstalled Qimage using Revo Uninstaller and removed all registry items relating to Qimage, then reinstalled Qimage v265. I also opened and resaved the files in Photoshop. However the problem remains.
Help would be appreciated.
Best Wishes
Old Jul 1, 2009, 4:38 PM   #3

It's hard to tell exactly what is happening as a number of things could cause an error like that. First be sure that your video card has the latest driver. Also, does the error only occur with this one image (JPEG)? Have you tried other images? Also, exactly where in the process does the error occur? If you watch the status bar in the job properties panel, does it open the image and then start processing before this error? Or does it stop as soon as it says "loading image"? I need more info on exactly where the error occurs.

Regards,
Mike
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:55 AM   #4

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your reply.
The problem occurrs when I drag and drop the files onto the template. The images do not arrive on the template and the error notice appears. I tried converting the files to tiffs but when I tried to load them into the template the Qimage program shut down.
I have just new created a new folder and copied the images to the new folder. These are now loading satisfactorily. I suppose there is something corrupt about the folder in which the images were stored.
I will report back if the error occurrs again.
Best Wishes