Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Nov 23, 2003, 9:59 PM   #1

Default Printing specific sized posters..

Hello,

I am trying to print a 2 sheet x 2 sheet poster to a specific size (12" x 16") and am having a bad time at it. I have already done one successfully when I did not need it to be a specific size. (In other words, it printed using the full size available, and that was fine.) Now, however, I need to print (Epson 870) to 12x16 for a specific frame. I have tried just setting the image size to 12x16 and letting QImage add the extra pages, however, this mode does not allow overlap of the images as far as I can tell. I realize no overlap is better, provided you have a trimmer which will cut perfectly straight lines very accurately. This is not my situation. Therefore, I need to be able to specify a certain size and use the image overlap. Is this possible?? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Joe
jlaatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:43 PM   #2

Qimage does not have the option to print posters with overlap. Overlap causes much more visible lines when splicing posters since it causes a "hump" in the printout and also causes a white line to be visible from one side since the edge of the white paper will be visible on the top overlap.

You don't really need a super accurate rotary cutter either. Take a razor knife or exacto knife and cut with a straight edge. Then just butt the panels together face down on a flat surface and tape from the back only. If you have a sharp knife or razor, the lines will be nearly invisible.
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2003, 4:29 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply Mike. Actually, I had already printed one with overlap, but evidently that is a function of my printer driver, not QImage. I have a hard time figuring out the separation sometimes. Great program, by the way. It is at the center of everything I do with my photos.
jlaatsch is offline   Reply With Quote