Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Nov 25, 2003, 5:32 PM   #1

Default Qimage on a Mac

Mike,

You have mentioned some folks have successfully used Qimage /Virtual PC to print from a Mac. Can you point me to any of them or a discussion group where such a rig could be clarified.

I want to print panoramas longer than the Photoshop/Epson driver limit of 44". One way is Imageprint RIP and $$.

Qimage is another way. I own Virtual PC 4/Win2k but I'm now on a G4/OS 10.2.6 so I would need to buy Virtual PC 6.0.1. The VPC upgrade page says I can buy the stand alone version and it can update the version 4 which already has Win 2k. Otherwise I need to buy the VPC/ Win 2k combo or the VPC/XP combo.

I'm connected to an Epson 2200 via Firewire. It could be changed to a USB 1 connection. I don't know if Qimage supports firewire . Same goes for Win 2k and/or XP.

Would you please aim me or shed any light on my questions.

Regards,

Dave
David Dietrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2003, 2:34 PM   #2

It's not really a matter of Qimage supporting firewire. It's more an issue of your operating system supporting firewire through the standard Windows "File", "Print" dialog. Qimage should be able to print to any printer that is "connected" via a normal "File", "Print" Windows print driver.

As for VPC on the Mac, we have so few users running that platform that there really isn't a group for using Qimage on VPC. You can try the Qimage group at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/qimage or try a general search on the web for Qimage and VPC or Qimage and Virtual PC.
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2003, 2:41 PM   #3

Again, Mike, thank you very much for the info and your time.

Dave
David Dietrick is offline   Reply With Quote