Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:04 AM   #1

Default 8x10 print truncated

I'm printing an 8x10 and Qimage shows in the preview window how it will look. It looks correct. When I print the image the bottom 4" or so get cut off. What am I doing wrong? thorne

PS - Why does my previous post not allow me to respond? I have an update on the situation and wanted to update the post.
thornev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Administrator

thornev:

My apologies for the problem with your last post. We've notified the developers so they can try to figure out what caused the issue.

JimC
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:10 AM   #3
Administrator

P.S.

In the interim, you may want to describe the other problem, along with any updates you have about it in this thread instead until we can get to the bottom of it. I suspect it has something to do with the word print as the last word in the thread title causing a print formatted post view. But, that's only speculation at this point.

JimC
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:24 AM   #4

Thanks for looking into it, Jim.

Regarding my last post about Qimage's not printing... I rebooted the printer and now I can print. However, now I have the current problem of getting a truncated 8x10 print.

thorne
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Administrator

Hopefully, Mike will see this post and have some suggestions. My guess is that it could be a resource issue (memory or disk space) if you're sure settings in your driver preferences like paper size are correct.

You may also want to read this article by Mike and see if the settings for "Enable Advanced Printing Features" may change it's behavior (for example, uncheck the box for this feature it if it's checked and see if the problem goes away).

http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowl...-features.html
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:31 AM   #6

I would be surprised if it's disk space or memory. I have 4GB memory of which I rarely use over 2GB and I have TONS of hard drive space. I'll read the link you provided.

I also observe that if I select "Show preview before printing" in my printer preferences, I never get the preview and the print job goes into Lala Land. thorne

Last edited by thornev; Mar 16, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:37 PM   #7

Anybody? I need this solved by Friday so I can give my gal a picture she wants for her birthday. thorne
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornev View Post
Anybody? I need this solved by Friday so I can give my gal a picture she wants for her birthday. thorne
I don't know squat about your problem.

And the only reason I'm putting my two cents in is because you seem to really want this solved.

So, for what it's worth, how about reinstalling the printer driver?

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:12 PM   #9

Thanks for the response, Dave. I called HP because the photo paper started causing a paper jam (sensor in printer probably gave out) and nothing we tried fixed the problem. My printer is no longer supported so HP got me to buy a current model at a discount. My fingers are crossed that Qimage will work with the new printer. Have a great weekend. thorne
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:41 PM   #10
Administrator

Please keep us informed of your progress. You may also want to check your BIOS settings to see if something there could be causing a problem or causing a conflict (for example, com ports you have enabled may be causing an IRQ conflict with some operating systems, or your USB ports set to a slower speed causing timeout issues of some type).

I'd also try a different USB port (for example, one on the back versus front of your PC or vice-versa) and try unplugging any other USB devices that may be causing a conflict. From time to time, malware scanners and firewalls can also cause USB problems. So, you may want to try temporarily disabling them to see if anything like that is interfering.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to help further. Hopefully, a newer printer model with updated drivers will solve it for you. If not, you may want to experiment with some of the above. But, please let us know the outcome and hopefully Mike will see this thread and chime in with suggestions if you are unable to get it working correctly.

Good Luck with it, and I hope your gal appreciates the effort you're going to in order to print a nice photo for her.