Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:15 PM   #1

Default Prints coming out 1/16th inch too small..

Hey guys,

I'm just getting started with Qimage, and I'm finding that when my prints come out they're a 16th of an inch smaller than the original size. Currently my settings are:

Borderless overspray disabled
Print Properties- Original size.

Is there something I'm missing here?
danielsmaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:00 PM   #2

When you print borderless, the printer has to expand the file slightly to fill the paper. When you say borderless with overspray turned off you don't allow the file to be resized to fill the paper. Try setting the overspray to minimum. I think then the 1/16" white frame" will then be gone. I set the overspray amount to minimum in my printer driver, when I do borderless. Also, if you want to fill the paper with the picture, why are you not using actual file size, assuming that your file is a 3 x 2 aspect ratio and you are printing a 6" x 4" print, or you cropped your picture to an 8 x 10 aspect ratio and are printing an 8" x 10" print, etc.
Gritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:11 PM   #3

I'm using the software to gang up a bunch of multiple images to send to print. Most of the prints come off being a 16th short on either the height or the width. I'm not trying to print borderless and I for sure don't want any of the images to be resized at all. Because of this I have borderless printing disabled and I have the images sent to the layout at the original size.

I've experimented a little and discovered that when I add the default border, the problem seems to disappear. Is there any way to disable the border without having the original images altered?

Thanks again.
danielsmaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:13 AM   #4

Check the driver to be sure there are no options like "shrink to fit", "fit to page" or any type of enlarge/shrink settings in effect. Qimage shows the exact size sent to the driver in the queue. If you don't get exactly the size that shows in the driver, there is some setting in the driver that is altering it.