Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Apr 23, 2004, 2:11 PM   #1

Default Qimage freezing completely before printing

Running Qimage 2004-149. Recently it has started to freeze during the processing of images before printing. It has happened several times now, with images varying from 12 to 45MB. Everything stops, even the cancel printing button, and the close button. There is no CPU activity. I have to reboot by cutting the power, and after reboot everything works OK for a while.
I have de-installed and re-installed to no effect.
Has anybody else had a similar problem (and cured it)?
rogleale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2004, 2:14 PM   #2

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, I have followed M. CHANEY advice on virtual memory and advanced settings but to little effect.
I HAVE PENTIUM 3, 500MHZ 512MB RAM is this the problem.
SHAME, I like the program but it is currently un-usable unless I AM MISSING something. I use Photoshop Elements 2 with no problems
kibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 3:59 PM   #3

I have had no problems like this in about 18 months using Qimage.
With an Athlon XP2500+, Windows XP Home, and 1 GB of RAM Photoshop never even uses its scratch disc, and as I said this freeze is going on with no CPU activity. Most unusual ! !
rogleale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:44 PM   #4

On dpreview forum someone suggested the power of the processor is insufficient (pentium 3, 500mhz, 512 mb ram). Does this mean Qimage needs a must faster processor?. All my other main stream photo image software works ok (elements 2 etc).
kibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:27 AM   #5

I've been using Qimage for about six months on my Pentium III, 450 MHz, with 256MB of RAM. I haven't had any problems with it. It takes several minutes to process the image before it prints, but that's normal. It's a great program - hopefully you can get it working on your machine. Good luck.
seattlemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 3:17 AM   #6

I've been using full version for a while and for the first time this weekend had the same problem. I've downloded their lates verson (2004 151), tried increasing virtual memory and I still have erratic results - it usually works fine for one time after re-installing:?. I doubt it isCPU related, ! have Pentium4 1,6Ghz with 1GB ram. I'd love to find a solution - great program in avery other aspect
hermannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 12:24 PM   #7

Could you be more specific regarding "erratic"? What happens and when does it happen? Also, are you running any virus scanning utilities or firewall software? Sometimes a buggy release of one such utility can cause problems and that's what it sounds like in this instance since I've gotten very few reports of problems and nothing has changed with respect to most underlying functions so stability should not be affected.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 2:45 AM   #8

Mike, You may have a point there - I have upgraded to Windows XP SP3 (beta version) recently and the firewall is a definite possibility of the problem- will investigate.

Hermann
Old May 4, 2004, 2:51 AM   #9

Apology - XP SP2

Hermann
Old May 6, 2004, 8:30 AM   #10

I think SP2 might be the problem. From what I'm hearing about SP2, it increases security but causes a lot of problems with various software. Apparently SP2 prevents certain (legitimate) memory operations from being executed properly. I sure hope they get these issues ironed out before the official release!

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote