Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:18 PM   #1

I am using the demo version (V2004.210) to check this program out. First of all, from what I've found so far this software is awsome - the more I look, the more I find and the more I like. I read about it being a great printing program but there are a lot of editing features built in as well. After a weekend of testing I think I'm hooked.

my 'problem' is on contact sheets. I'm printing to a Canon i860 set at borderless 8.5X11 and using the 'contact sheet w/info under the custom print size setting. That gives me 4 pics per page (2X2). the top pair are fine with info printed below each proof, but the bottom 2 print the info in such a way that the top half of the letters are on the sheet and the bottom half don't appear -the bottom half of eachtext letter is off the page.I am printing to matte paper and getting edge to edge from the printer. I've tried to figure out what I'm not doing but am stumped. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
l_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2004, 3:04 PM   #2

When you print in borderless mode, your print driver stretches the data and actually "sprays" part of what should be on the page over the sides. The borderless mode is what is causing this cut-off. Most Canon drivers have an "amount of extension" slider in the driver in the same area as the borderless check box. Try sliding the "amount of extension" all the way to the left. If that doesn't work, you may have to print without using borderless mode.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 1:49 PM   #3

Thank you sir. You are right on the money - I knew it was operator error somewhere but didn't think to look there. All is fine now.

Thanks again.
l_50 is offline   Reply With Quote