Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:46 PM   #1

Each time I'm about ready to register Qimage I get wicked frustrated with it...

For some reason it's constantly printing images NOT as I'm seeing them in the preview window.

typically cropping the image MORE on each side... so... if I don't want to cut off heads I need to make sure the top margin is MUCH higher up then the top of a person's head.

most of the time I'll add the picture... double click the picture and hit the crop wizard to force it to 4x6 and then position the crop area to what I want to print.

What I see in the window is never what I print out. Not to mention, I still can't just simply select a picture I took and print it as is with OUT boarders... it always trims it so I have white space... else if I set auto-crop on it then picks what it crops out.

Very frustrating.

my files are 2560x1920 I'm using a Sony F717. and my printer is a S9000

Thanks for any suggestions as I think your product is nice overall...

-Mike

ducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:39 AM   #2

The answer has actually been posted on this board elsewhere, but I'll repeat here. The problem you are having is that your print driver is not honoring what you send to it because you are using "borderless", "no margins" or "fit to page". Go into the driver and make sure you uncheck those options (the options you have will depend on what printer you use).

When you use borderless printing, all bets are off because your print driver will take the photo that you send to it and expand it so that part of it actually prints off the edge of the page. If you need to print borderless, check to see if your print driver has an "amount of extension" setting next to the borderless option and set it to the minimum setting. You can also click "Page", "Margins" in Qimage and set some small margins on the page (like .12 inches for example) so that it brings some of the print back onto the page.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote