Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Aug 7, 2004, 3:15 PM   #1

Hello,

I've been trying to create print files thru Q-Image to enable me to use a local print service to get the desired enlargements (roughly 32"x48"). I've been using the print-to-file option with no luck so far. I'mimporting .jpg images directly from my Nikon ED4000 scanner as well as images created in Photoshop 7 from those scans. I'm receiving a "bitmap image is not valid" error at the end of processing every time.

I've checked my Virtual Memory and adjusted accordingly, with same results. I've turned off all anti-virus activity and no change. I can print those same files to my Epson 2200 without a problem using Q. Please help! :?

Dwight
DA-Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:45 AM   #2

What do you have the page resolution set to in the print-to-file page setup? Even at "only" 300 PPI, you are creating a 155 megabyte file for each page. What operating system are you running and how much RAM is in the machine?

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:02 PM   #3

I am using WinXP with 1GB of RAM. I wasset to the 300ppi image, but obviously that didn't work out too well. I also tried adjusting the image quality from Max to High on Vector setting.
DA-Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 11:37 AM   #4

Try selecting the "BMP" format for saving the page(s). My calculations above were off; the file you are trying to save is actually 414 MB in size and at that size, the JPG/TIF formats might have too much overhead when saving since a single copy of the image will take up almost half your RAM. I think the BMP format will work as I just tried it here and it worked fine.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote