Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 19, 2004, 5:05 AM   #1

Hello,

This is my first post here but I'm using QImage as a registered user for about one year.

I think I'm using a fully color-managed workflow, however my prints are slightly yellower and darker than what I get on screen. I can live with that, but maybe I'm missing an important point in my workflow that could be corrected.

I'm trying to be as precise as possible here to give you the best idea of what I'm doing in my workflow

- Camera Canon 1DMKII, shooting RAW, profile AdobeRGB
- Laptop Calibrated with Colorvision Spyder Pro, using calibration profile in PS and in Qimage
- Conversion to JPEG or TIFF through C1 SE, profile Hi Sat for 1DMKII, converted to sRGB at conversion
- Image adjustments in PS (if needed)
- Printing in Qimage, printer Epson 2100, using Ilford paper and Ilford ICC profiles for the paper used.

What could I do to solve this brightness and color cast (of course, I could adjust manually, but I guess there are things I can change in my workflow to make it better)

Thanks.
Wismie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2004, 7:58 AM   #2

The only weak spot that I see is the Ilford paper profile. I've heard from others regarding the Ilford profiles and results seem hit & miss with their profiles. You should probably create your own profile using a profiling tool or send a test print to a place like http://www.cathysprofiles.com to have an accurate profile made for your specific printer. It sounds like the rest of your workflow is solid other than the question of how accurate the Ilford profile is.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote