Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Sep 23, 2004, 6:03 AM   #1

This is my first post here, i have been an avid reader / browser for over ayear and you discussions on here aided me greatly in purchasing my nice new 300D. Great camera.

Im posting this because i really hate not at least half understanding what is going on within the equipment i use, drives me insane !!

Im just going to put this too you and see if anyone can help me understand it a little.

After printing a few test pics i was not happy with the printed results, Epson C84. I have for the last two days been sampling ICC profiles for monitor and printer, only by eye and actual results. I matched the monitor fairly easily but the printing was getting me down big time. The results despite what profile i set the printer to were over saturated reds thus destroying any purple tones aswell.

Whats this got to do with Q image ?

Well i dont normally use it but after reading a few posts here i thought i would give it a try. Why not ? Just about tried everything else. I set the Mntr profile to Adobe RGB after a bit of playing around i settled on the prtr ICC to none. My pictures now are near enough for me and the closest out of all my experiments. Im now a Qimage fan.

What i supose im asking is can anyone make sense of it all, ie why with windows printing, picasa, Photo quicker and adobe E2 i just couldnt get anear match, but with very little playing with Q image I can get fairly matched prints.

if anyone has any views please post them doesnt matter to me how crazy they may sound, i nearly went crazy trying all these settings the last couple of days anyway.

Look forward to a few replies.

Smudger
Smudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2004, 6:07 AM   #2

PS

Im still not sure this should be posted in the Q image forum but id like people to see that it is a great program and it has cured my dispair.

Smudger is offline   Reply With Quote