Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Oct 15, 2004, 5:17 PM   #1

I am printing profiling targets to send for custom profiles. According to instructions for printing the targets, it is essential that they are untouched colorwise and otherwise too.

I am having problemsremoving or disabling the default input profile - sRGB and since there is no "Model" field in the target's EXIF, so that I can use it to say "no input profile for this Model", the default profileis assignedto the targets files.

Is there a way to disable assigning inpit profile to an image in Qimage other than specifying "no profile" by size?
Notko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2004, 3:57 PM   #2

There is no need to modify or delete any input profiles. If you turn off the "Prtr ICC", that will ensure that no color management whatsoever is performed by Qimage. You do have to be careful with your settings in the print driver itself (under "File", "Printer Setup") but if you turn your printer ICC profile off, no color management is performed regardless of the input profile because it takes two profiles to do color management: an input profile and an output/printer profile. As soon as you disable the printer profile, you've turned color management off for prints.

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:57 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply, Mike.

Notko
Notko is offline   Reply With Quote