Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Oct 23, 2002, 2:26 PM   #1

Default What else can Qimage do for me besides print

I have always been comforttable printing from PS, although placing multipe prints on a page is tedious. Is Qimage worth having for priinting convenience alone, consideriing that I will probably continue to edit in PS? What other features might make it worth having in addition to PS7?
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2002, 6:00 PM   #2

You can convert from RAW to JPG and do rotations also. The fuji software (I have an S2) makes you do a TIFF from raw and then you can make the JPG. Dumb, especially when you consider that the TIFF's are in the 70 MB range.

You can also do all the usual stuff - levels and color adjustments etc.

For quick and dirty 4x6 prints (you can batch print, and other, jobs), it's great. For 8x10's, or multiple images of different sizes on a page, I stick with photoshop. The layers in photoshop just can't be beat.

For the price it's a pretty good program, but the menus are not exactly intuitative.

Declan

Oh, did I mention good color management!!!
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2002, 10:34 AM   #3

Qimage Pro is designed to get the most out of your printer. PhotoShop and other programs that use "plain vanilla" printing algorithms are not. You'll get a higher quality print from Qimage Pro than you'll get from PhotoShop and also benefit from a much simpler workflow for printing. There are a multitude of other batch processing capabilities that I won't mention here (just see the Qimage Pro homepage) because the list is too long.

I thought it worth mentioning though, that if you are using PhotoShop to print (or any other software for that matter), the quality of your prints is almost guaranteed to be better if you use Qimage Pro. See the "Quality" link on the Qimage Pro homepage for more details.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2002, 4:51 PM   #4

Dear Mike,

Do you think there will be an option on future "upgrades" for the software to accept S2Pro raw files ?

Or does Qimage pro "support" S2Pro already ?

Kind regards.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 4:12 PM   #5

Qimage Pro already fully supports Fuji S2 raw files.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
Old Nov 7, 2002, 4:33 PM   #6

Dear Mike,

Will be placing my order tomorrow morning.

Kind regards and thank you for the reply.

Could you also tell me little more regarding "Profile Prism" and how it works ?

I use x2 17" Nec Flat monitors, an epson 2400 scanner and epson 2100p Printer... my graphics card is an Matrox Parhelia™ 128MB
and an S2Pro... would these be suitable for the profile, please and would there be a gain.

Again kind regards.

Stuart.
Stuart Bradley-Meech.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 12:06 PM   #7

Profile Prism is designed to profile cameras, scanners, and printers. If you need to profile a monitor and want to profile it accurately, the only way to do that is to use a colorimeter that attaches to the monitor. http://www.colorvision.com sells a device called the "Spyder" that does this. Otherwise, Profile Prism should be able to handle all your other equipment.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism
Old Nov 12, 2002, 3:15 PM   #8

Thank you for the kind reply.

Regards.
Stuart