Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 11, 2004, 7:15 PM   #1

Can Q-Image load my D70 RAW files? I've just started trying out the RAW format on my D70, but have been using Q-Image for awhile now. I'd like to continue using it (I just downloaded the latest version) but if it does not work for the RAW images I might have to buy the full version of Nikon Capture.

I downloaded my RAW files from my camera to a folder on my computer and then tried opening them in Q-Image. I got a message that certain files could not me loaded...the RAW's were the ones not loaded.
brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:12 AM   #2

We no longer support new camera raw formats. There are simply too many different proprietary formats, and all new cameras now come with very capable raw conversion software free of charge to convert images. There are also a number of great alternatives online (depending on your camera) such as Capture One, Bibble, BreezeBrowser, etc. Qimage supports the Nikon D1, D1H, D1X, and D100 and we do not plan to expand this list.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:27 PM   #3

I really wouldn't mess with Nikon Capture. Their track record is low. If you don't have Photoshop, which does all the RAWs, look for Photoshop Elements 3.0.

Adobe has put the RAW stuff in there and they update constantly. $99 retail, but you should be able to get it for $79. Other options are Bibble or the $49 BreezeBrowser Pro.

Actually, I --and I am sure others-- are glad Mike sticks with the main reason for QImage and doesn't get sidetracked with all the non-standard garbage the industry produces.
sethr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:34 PM   #4

Have you ever tried Nikon Capture? If not you should. I bought the full version and just upgraded with the latest versions download. For working w/ RAW files it's simply amazing. I do not like the noise reduction or USM features so much, but the Other RAW adjustments available work very well.

By the way...I still rpint using Q-Image.
brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote