Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:57 PM   #1

Need some help here. I installed the latest version of Qimage 2005.115 and trying to edita page of images in the queue, the program crashes. This did not happen with version 2004.338 which I had been using. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists. I reinstalled the 2004 version and all is well again.

Any ideas? Thank you.
Ken O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:51 AM   #2

This one has not been reported before, so the only thing I can suggest is trying "Help", "Reset all program settings" in the new version to see if that clears it.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 8:02 PM   #3

I downloaded the latest trial and am having similar problems. On a P4 with 256 meg and win 98SE, if i attempt to create an associative filter for a Tiff or jpeg from a scan of a neg, Canon 8400f, windows crashes and the machine reboots. Camera Jpegs are fine, PS Pro1. The Canon supplied software all work without incident on these files. I installed Qimage on another P4 1 Gig and XP without problems on the same files. When I have time I will swap the 98 machine to XP and see if it is op system related.

Mike
HangMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:34 AM   #4

It's almost certainly OS related, as Win 98 SE has major problems with resource management. Qimage has a more complex interface that requires a higher level of resource objects than some other software, and depending on the machine configuration, memory, and other factors, 98 SE may limit you in what you can do in Qimage.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote