Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:38 PM   #1

I'mtrying out Qimage. I scanned in a photo ofmy daughter taken by a studio, using Vuescan. I have profiled the scanner and my Pixma 4000 with Profile Prism. The printout looks pretty good but the skin tones seem a little bleached out compared to the original and where her dress was a red velvet in the original it looks more of a duller color. I'm not sure what settings I should adjust to bring it more in line with the original.
str1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:29 AM   #2

Did you also profile your printer? To get accurate prints, you'd need to profile both the scanner and printer, and you also have to assign the scanner profile to the scanned image before you print it. You'd do that by opening the batch filter on the scan and setting the "ICC" filter to the scanner profile.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:54 AM   #3

Yes I profiled my printer and scanner with prism. I then scanned using Vuescan with my scanner profile. I then printed using Qimage using my created printer profile. That's the steps I should be taking right?
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:21 AM   #4

Hi

Did you use Vuescan when you profiled your scanner, and are you using exactly the same settings? Sometimes an automatic correction is applied which clashes with the profile.

Brian
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:54 PM   #5

Yes I used viewscan during the profile creation. I guess it may be just a limitation of my scanner regardless of the profiling. My question is what settings should I adjust to fix the printout?