Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:17 AM   #1

I recently found that I am unable to print some of my layered photoshop files with Qimage. When I add them to the queue, I don't get the image itself, but a black box of text with the following message

"This layered photoshop file was not saved with a composite image"

The text is repeated in four languages, English, French, Germand and Chinese"....

I am running the latest version of Qimage Pro, on windows xp home. I don't have any idea what a "composite image" is or how to be sure that one is generated by photoshop.

I have tried flattening the image, and it then works. However, i would much rather keep the layers with the images. It is wiered that some files work fine (with layers) and others get this wierd treatment.

Any ideas...

Tom
tom-bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:31 AM   #2

The best advice I can give is to flatten the image and save it as a TIFF. Adobe is not very good at supporting their PSD format and their current spec is still at PS 5.0. You can often improve compatibility by setting "maximize reverse compatibility" in the file saving options in PhotoShop, but in cases where you still have problems with PSD format compatibility, just use a more universal format like TIFF.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:40 AM   #3

Mike,
I got a tip from another user about a way to add a "Composite image". Here is his technique...
Hold the alt,control and shift keys down then press the letter 'n' which creates a new layer above the last. While still holding the alt, control and shift keys press the letter 'e' which creates a composite of all the lower layers."

I tried this and it seems to work. I am still puzzled about why I need to do this for some images to make them work with Qimage. Any clues ?

Thanks

Tom
tom-bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:36 PM   #4

It might be better to ask Adobe. Any time you have to press four keys at the same time, it's probably best to ask the developer. :?

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:17 AM   #5

mchaney wrote:
Quote:
Any time you have to press four keys at the same time, it's probably best to ask the developer. :?
I gotta say that I just love that answer! :lol:

As a developer myself, I'd have to agree with Mike on that one...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote