Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:56 PM   #1

Can it be done? If so, how? Is there a place to download an addon capability for it? I have a HP PSC 2170 printer, and the borderless photocards are just brilliant, i love the way you can actually print a borderless image...why then is there not an option for printing full 8.5x11 images that are borderless? The whiteborder is simply ugly, and it really makes having a printer obsolete for printing off things like a book cover.

It's troubling enough to try to convert a .doc word file to a PDF perfectly (print-page size options and all) so that I don't have to print off my own books, and just do it through cafepress.com...however, the PDF conversion and the like ends up impossible with me, and so here I am trying to print off my own books...which is probably more time consuming, but at least it isn't as expensive as cafepress--although if I could figure out how to set the PDF file and stuff up without the dimensions being messed up, I would just forget it and go to cafepress.com

Any help? For either of these issues? Thanks
christservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:44 PM   #2

Like any software, Qimage must honor the capabilities of your printer. If your printer can print 8.5 x 11 borderless, then Qimage can print 8.5 x 11 borderless. If you are unable to select the borderless feature in your print driver while you have 8.5 x 11 paper selected, then the answer is: your printer does not support borderless printing on 8.5 x 11 paper. The best you can do is to go into your printer setup from within Qimage and see if your driver will allow you to select both 8.5 x 11 size and borderless at the same time.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:08 PM   #3

thanks
christservant is offline   Reply With Quote