Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:23 AM   #1

I am new to digital printing. I shoot on Nikon D300, edit on Photoshop Elements2 (Upgrading to 3),pritnon Epson 1290s(1280)and have just now purchased Qimage. I am just about to hire a monitor profiler and get a custom print profile done. Question is : how do I set it all up so that it all talks to each other and what I see both in Qimage and PSE is the same as on the print.

What settings do I need to change for PSE and Qimage or does it all 'talk' to each other automatically

Many thanks

Ed
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:54 AM   #2

In Qimage, all you need to do is set the "Mntr ICC" to your monitor profile and "Prtr ICC" to your printer profile. I assume you meant D100 for your camera? If so, what color space do you have selected in the camera? You'd have to activate that as Qimage's default space under "Settings", "Color Management" at the top of that window.

As for PSE, Elements is not fully ICC aware so you don't really have full control over color management in PSE. You'd have to use the full blown PhotoShop for that.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 3:31 AM   #3

PSE3 gives me three options for colour management ; full, Adode RGB, and none. If its on full, does it recognise the monitor and printer profile. Is the image I see the same in PSE3, Qimage and on the print. If not how do I gain this? (Other than buying full CS)

Ed
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:45 AM   #4

As long as it offers the ability to enter your printer profile in "print space" in the printing options, you should be able to do the same thing assuming your images already have the proper camera profile embedded. I don't use PSE any more so maybe someone who uses it will pipe up with specifics. I believe the main task that PSE will not allow you to do is assign/convert to specific profiles of your choice, which could be important with camera images like images from the D100 because they do not have any specific profile embedded. Sorry I can't be very specific about PSE, but you might be better off checking a PhotoShop/Adobe forum or the PSE help on color management.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote