Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:20 AM   #1

Hi, I'm happy I've found this forum about qimage software, I'm trying it and I'm very satisfied with print quality, but I have some questions about color management.

my camera works in sRGB, I've profiled my monitor sony lcd monitor with Adobe Gamma starting from sony profile, and I use canon printer profile for my Pixma 4000. I've setted all this things up in Qimage and in Photoshop CS but it seems that the two softwares gives back different results. In Qimage there are only minor differences between HQ preview and a monitor softproof, while in Photoshop I can see more differences between the two.

Why these differences between the softwares? Am i doing something wrong or simply the two programs handle spaces color conversions in two different ways?

thx
eriksatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 2:19 PM   #2

Both programs will produce visually identical results if everything is set up the same way: all profiles including the profile for the images. Sometimes if you have a "bad" printer profile, it can be handled differently so you have to be careful about where your profiles came from sometimes. Other than that, you should get visually identical results provided all profiles are the same and all (print) driver settings are the same.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:50 AM   #3

thanks for the answer.

what is a "bad"profile? How can a profile be "bad"? I'm using profiles from canon, they are supplied with the printer. there are five profiles, to use with different papers and quality settings. canon has recently produced some documentation about it. check this:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...ad.php?t=29530

I don't know if they are "bad" but I know that they are interpretated differently in PS and in Qimage.

I'm thinking of to buy an IT8 target to have custom profiles for my printer. In this case, the profile should work proper in both program, am I right?
eriksatie is offline   Reply With Quote