Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 30, 2002, 9:32 AM   #1

Default Folder Navigation

Greetings,

I have just recently downloaded a trial of QImage Pro 2002 ( 1.18 ) which I'm running on a Windows XP Pro system. Overall I think it's a great program, and certainly the easiest way to achieve multiple pictures per page layouts.

There is however one issue which bothers me. I use the Windows XP conventions of folder structure with my pictures in none other than the "My Pictures" folder. The absolute path to that would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures.

And of course I create individual descriptive folder names from there. Most of my software (such as Microsoft Word & CorelDraw) allow me to link quickly and directly to the "My Documents" or "My Pictures" folders, but I have been unable to do that in QImagePro. I have even tried typing in "%homepath%\my documents\my pictures" as a starting point, but that doesn't work either. Is there a way to add favorites or common folders links that would simply display as "My Pictures" and take me to the proper folder?

Secondly, when I am viewing QImagePro at full screen size (1152x864) and I click on the folder History 'drop down' I am only able to see:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pi

...and I can't see the names of any folder names beyond what should be "My Pictures" Though I'm not using any custom font sizes, it appears that QImage Pro is enlarging the fonts in this window when I maximize the program's window. When I return the window to the default size at which it opened, sometimes I can read the entire path, and sometimes it becomes so small it is not readable at all. I can close QImage Pro and reopen it and it's just fine until I maximize it again. Any ideas?

Thanks,
TriAlpha
trialpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2003, 3:45 PM   #2

Check out the latest version (QP 2003 v1.2) and the first issue will be taken care of: there are now quick links in the browser for "My Documents" and "Desktop".

As to the second issue, it sounds like a machine specific problem with the combination of screen size and font size on your machine. The folder history dropdown will automatically size itself to use the entire width of your screen if needed. If it cuts off on you, maybe you are using a custom (large) font size?

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2003, 7:17 PM   #3

Mike,

Thanks for the links. I just installed the new version, and I'm sure the links will be quite helpful. Perhaps, in a future release of the program would you consider a menu bar down the left side of the browse folders window about 130 pixels wide with buttons to link to the following: Desktop, My Documents, My Pictures, and maybe 4 or 5 user programmable favorites?

Regarding the second issue, I'm not using a custom font. I'm running WinXP Pro with fonts set to normal. Desktop resolutions of either 1024x768 or 1152x864. I have an ASUS AGP-V7100 video card (Geforce 2 MX400 chipset) with Nvidia driver 41.09 (6.13.10.4109). Other specs include MSI K7T266Pro2-RU mainboard, Athlon XP1500+, 1GB Mushkin HiPerf 266Mhz PC2100 DDR SDRAM CL2-2-2.

I have found that I can maximize QP and close it, then when I reopen the program the program the history folders work properly, so it's not a big deal anymore. If I reduce the program to it's minimum size, however the fonts in the history folder are still unusually small, but I can deal with it.

Thanks for your assistance, and for a great program.
--Tri
trialpha is offline   Reply With Quote