Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:16 AM   #1

I am currently evaluating QIamge.
I am using it with an HP 8450 printer. My screen is calibrated with Eye One Display.

I configured my monitor profile & my printer profiles in Qiamge.

But what colour management options should I set up in the HP driver ? I found advice regarding Epson printers on this forum but nothing for HP printers. Options are either "Adobe RDB", "sRDB" or "Managed by Application". Is the latest one the right one ?
Are there other specific configuration options I should use for my HP printer ?

Thanks,

Franck
sobeachkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:29 PM   #2

For an HP printer, I'd recommend setting the printer profile to sRGB in Qimage (even though you'll get a warning that it isn't a printer profile). HP printer drivers are quite awkward with respect to color management and the settings are often not consistent from model to model. Most HP drivers don't offer any "no color adjustment" mode which can make using a profile in printing software difficult to impossible. I'm not sure about the 8450 specifically but many HP drivers actually require that you use the printer profile inside the print driver which is far from optimal. So in short, the best advice I can offer is to use sRGB as the designated printer profile in "Prtr ICC" in Qimage and then just follow whatever recommended settings HP suggests for their driver.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:27 AM   #3

Thanks Mike. I have been experimenting a bit and the following configuration seems to work pretty well.

+HP Printer/Paper configured in QImage

+Color Management set to "Managed by Application" in the HP profile.

I am happy with that setting but will try your suggestion and see how it goes ...

Franck

sobeachkid is offline   Reply With Quote