Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 22, 2003, 5:37 PM   #1

Default Qimage pro questions

I have an Epson 960 printer. Im using a Canon S230 camera to a PC with windows XP. Photos look good on the monitor but when I print to Epson they all have heavy green content. I am using Photo elements 2 and ulead 8 and both kind of produce similar results. I am comtemplating using Qimage Pro instead. Will this get rid of the green cast? Will this support continuous roll and cut function? Where do I set the Epson software when using Qimage Pro?
ilsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2003, 2:20 PM   #2

To set print quality, paper size and type, and other settings from within Qimage Pro, just click "File", "Printer Setup" and change the print driver properties. Once you change properties in the print driver, Qimage Pro will recognize the new settings.

As far as getting a match between your monitor and printer, the most straightforward way to do that is to calibrate/profile your monitor and printer so that you get consistent results from both. You can use software like our own Profile Prism http://www.ddisoftware.com/prism to create profiles.

Aside from using profiles to create a color managed environment, your only option is to adjust settings in your print driver to eliminate your green color cast. It's trial and error but sometimes you can get acceptable results doing that "by eye".

Also, before doing anything, make sure to run a nozzle check on your printer. Just one clogged nozzle can cause problems in printouts, so running the nozzle check from the utility in your print driver is always a good first step.
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote