Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:22 PM   #1

I have downloaded the trial version and I am quite impressed with the quality of large (13x20) prints from my Epson 4000. However, I generally title, sign and number by printing on the bottom of my prints. I have used the floating text feature to do this with QImage but I have not been able to find a way to place the text repeatably in the same place relative to the the image. I am apparently getting the two of the elements placed correctly aligned with left and right side of the image. As I haven't measured it I am not sure about the title being centered. The problem is the vertical displacement of the three elements beneath the image. Is there some way to do this or at least be able to tell the exact vertical location (either relative or absolute) of the text.

Notwithstanding the answer I'll be spending the 50 bucks for a license

JNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2005, 2:32 PM   #2

If I understand what you are looking for, you could just enter all three lines in one floating text entry. That way they'll align. You could also create a page layout that has linked floating text so that you can just reload the layout each time, ensuring consistent placement. See example 9 in the help under "Learn by Example" to see how to create your own layouts.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion, I have away from web access for the last week. Relative to your appraoach had already gotten part of the way down the path you suggested. However, (i) without having an image on the page the editor is "greyed out" for that matter most of the options on the context menu are greyed out and (ii) if I add an image I can edit the page, add the floating text get it aligned and formatted properly and then save the session. After reloading the session the initial image is shown subsequently dropping a new image on it does not replace it. Deleting the intial image takes the text with it. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 7:41 AM   #4

Instead of dropping an image on the page, go to the bottom of the thumbnails and drop the [Template] on the page. Then save the session and it can be loaded as a layout where you can drop images onto the template(s).

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 8:41 PM   #5

Perfect, Thanks