Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:54 AM   #1

I have searched this forum and have read and tried a lot of stuff. But it seems that I am having to work way too hard to get satisfactory prints from my R800 (are all printer brands this high maintenance?).

I have followed exactly the information contained in:
USING ICC PROFILES WITH EPSON PRINTERS.

I thought this would finally do it. It did improve the quality of the prints (the sharpness is tremendous) but there is still a noticable green shift to my prints.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much and I really appreciate the help.

Gary
gbkgbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:20 PM   #2

Could you let me know what type of paper you are using and which Epson profile you are using? If I can get a better idea of your specific setup I'll try to help.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:41 PM   #3

Thank you....the paper is epson premium glossy photo paper and when I get home tonight I will get you the exact profile I am using (I just downloaded it off of the epson web site so it should be the current one).

Thanks again!

Gary
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:31 AM   #4

The profile I am using for the premium glossy photo paper is:

SPR800 PremGlsy BstPhoto R1.icc

Any help you could give would be incredibly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Gary
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:20 AM   #5

OK. Do you have the driver set up for "no color adjustment" and do you have "Best Photo" selected as the quality setting and "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper" selected as the paper type? I use that profile too and I'm not seeing any problem. Do you think you could be having this problem:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/techc...mber_2005.html

Mike
Old Dec 5, 2005, 8:48 AM   #6

Yes I have the driver set up for "no color adjustment" and have "Best Photo" selected as the quality setting and "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper" selected as the paper type?

However, on the Basic screen of the driver software when I select Best Photo, then on the Advanced screen it switches the quality to Photo RPM. If I switch the quality back to Best Photo on the Advanced screen, when I check on the Basic screen it has changed the photo quality to just plain "photo."

Is this normal?

Gary
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:10 AM   #7

gbkgbk wrote:
Quote:
Yes I have the driver set up for "no color adjustment" and have "Best Photo" selected as the quality setting and "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper" selected as the paper type?

However, on the Basic screen of the driver software when I select Best Photo, then on the Advanced screen it switches the quality to Photo RPM. If I switch the quality back to Best Photo on the Advanced screen, when I check on the Basic screen it has changed the photo quality to just plain "photo."

Is this normal?

Gary
Normal for that driver, yes. The profile should work with it set to either best photo or photo RPM. The pigment printers do suffer from metamerism though, so have you compared the printed color at a window using daylight as the light source?

Mike
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:28 AM   #8

I have checked the print carefully in different kinds of light (daylight included) and it most definitely has a greenish hue. I also compared the print to the same picture printed some time ago on a different printer and the difference is obvious.

Do inks go bad...i.e. could age affect the pigment in some way? I do not print a great deal and it is possible that some of the ink cartridges are close to a year old.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me. Thank you.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Gary

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:25 AM   #9

I don't think (in the amount of time the R800 has been available) that inks can go bad. I assume you've done a nozzle check, because if you don't print a lot, you could definitely have blocked nozzles that could affect color.

Mike
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:05 AM   #10

I will try a nozzle check....good idea. Thanks.

Gary