Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Dec 20, 2005, 8:03 AM   #1

People'shair on mostprintsare smuged/muddy looking with no detail. All other details such as face look great compared to CS2. What am I doing wrong? I process with no adjustments in qimage profiled paper on Epson R800 Glossy R1. The hair detail in CS2 looks more clear and detailed vs Qimage. This is most notable with Red hair. Yet all other details of the print look much better in Qimage vs CS2.

Thanks
mike123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 4:12 PM   #2

There are a lot of possibilities for the difference. Are you sure you have your print driver settings set exactly the same way in PS and Qimage? Are you using the same rendering intent with the profile(s) and the same BPC (black point compensation) status? Where did you get the profile? Is it one that Epson supplies? Please specify more details like which profile you are using, what your settings are for rendering intent and black point compensation, and also verify that you've double checked all print driver settings.

PhotoShop and Qimage actually produce identical color once you set them up the same way. Sometimes there is a setting somewhere that might have gotten missed like BPC being checked in one and not the other, a driver setting missed in one or the other, etc.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:16 PM   #3

I determined that the noise/muddy hair just looks more pronounced in Qimage because all other aspects of the picture improve. It is not as noticable in CS2 because the pictures are overall more dull. I also changed back to the default settings and noticed a vast improvement.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Now that I have a point and shot A610 camera along with my Rebel the print time and quality is vastly improved with Qimage.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mike R

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:54 AM   #4

After further testing it was the paper profile of the r800 causing the smudging. I swithced to the R1800 Glossy paper icc. and noted a much better print.