Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:23 AM   #1

Default File search

Maybe its me, but, finding a file in Q is no simple take. Going to the file browser doesn't allow access to files on the desktop. It seems like the browser has a mind of its own allowing only a limited set of locations.

Steve: what's up. Why can't I place an icon/folder on my desktop, store photos there, and have the file browser find that folder, or any other folder?
Ron Kaplansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2003, 3:29 PM   #2

I don't know what version you are running, but make sure you have the latest from the URL below. If you click "Select Folder" above the thumbnails, you can navigate to anywhere you like. Folders like "My Documents" and "Desktop" are at the top of the list, however, I don't suggest storing files in your Desktop folder. That's not what the Desktop folder was meant for, and it may take your PC longer to boot if you start storing a lot of files off the Desktop folder.
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:35 PM   #3

Mike:

I had a recent version of Q and justs, 3/11/03,downloaded the latest and greatest. I'll follow you advice.

By the by: are you the Mike Chaney, married to Linda, who used to live in Michigan?
Ron Kaplansky is offline   Reply With Quote