Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jan 20, 2006, 5:40 PM   #1

I realize that Qimage interpolates the image to a 720 resolution for the Max setting when printing on my R2400 (based on what I understand from the information on the Qimage site), but when selecting images to print they are added to the window at the bottom of the interface with the print size and a resolution based on the print size in relation to the original size. this makes it appear as if no interpolation is taking place, I guess I was under the assumption that this would reflect the resolution being sent to the print driver, so should it not always show 720? or am I thinking about this all wrong?

K.E.N.
EZRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:40 AM   #2

The final resolution (as sent to the driver) is shown above the preview page. It will say something like 600x600 or 720x720. It wouldn't be very useful to display this same number for every image in the queue, so the PPI listed in the queue is the original PPI of the image given the selected print size. This gives you useful information as it shows you how much real data is available for the original. If you see numbers like 200 PPI, 300 PPI, or more, you know there is enough data in the original to print the size you want. If the number starts to creep down to 100 PPI or lower, you know that the quality of your print will suffer.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:54 AM   #3

Ahh, Good to know, thanks

K.E.N.
EZRA is offline   Reply With Quote