Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Feb 10, 2006, 9:21 AM   #1

As I learn to print effectively for display of my photos using this program and the Epson 2200, I keep noticing what appear to be unequal limitations of the printers prininng limitations. Mike has commented frequently that "you cannot do this or that because of the printer's inherent limits for this or that paper type/page size."

The thing that gets me crazy is that these limitations do not seem to be symmetrical, so I am forced to 'tweak' without consistant results. For instance, in order to get around this seeming assymmetry, I hit borderless printing, '0' margins and then set for specific size in custom sizing for Premium Epson glossy,etc. It works this way within an 1/8th of an inch. I would like better, but cannot get there, but ok. However, with Art papers I cannot use "borderless" and things get a little odd and uneven i.e. not centered with '0' margins.

Since I print with a 'reveal' all around so I can sign the photos themselves, not the mat, I am trying to limit the loss of size as much as possible. So I want as little a "margin for printer error' as possible.

Is there a place that explains and gives the printers (2200) inherent limitations in measurements for the different paper types and methods to work around these limitations, if there is any way?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Country Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:17 PM   #2

There's really no way to predict the limitations of a given printer. The best way to see what is going on is to select what you need in the driver and then go back to Qimage's main window. You'll see the paper size listed above the preview page and you should be able to tell if the margins are equal. For more info, see my article here at Steve's:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/techc...arch_2005.html

Keep in mind that if you use borderless mode, you will not get the correct size prints unless you check "Page Formatting", "Borderless overspray/expansion", "Disable" in Qimage.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote