Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Feb 13, 2006, 7:19 PM   #1

I just downloaded and installed the latest demo version of QImage v2006.217. I am having a problem when trying to print. I place images into the right side pane and try to print. Setup the print driver and then go back and hit PRINT. A few seconds later I get the Error Message: Floating Point Division By Zero. When I close that window out the program hangs up. Open the printer screen and cancel the print job, but it is still hung up. Close out QImage and the printer runs an empty sheet thru. Once when I had about 8 files in the queue (three 4X6 prints per page), the error didn't happen as soon and actually two pictures did print.

Did a search on this error happening in QImage and got a hit but it was not related to printing and was fixed quite a while ago. Tried some other hints related to printing problems, but they didn't help. Did a search on the QImage group on Yahoo, but no errors like I'm getting. Must be a setup problem somewhere, but I have never gotten this error before with any program - this goes back many years and many operating systems.

BTW I am using WinXP Home on a Abit MB with an Athlon XP3000+ processor. QImage is running on a drive with 18.5GB of free space.
Anyone experience the same error? Next step will be to uninstall and reinstall, but not sure that will help.

Thanks - Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:18 PM   #2

The latest version (v2006.218 will fix this problem. If you still get any error messages, click "Help", "Reset all program settings" and that will fix any remaining errors due to corrupted setup files.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 9:02 AM   #3

Mike,
Thanks for the answer. Actually I was able to make v217 work. I loaded QImage in the so called Safe Mode and tried to print - first time I still got the error message. Closed it and opened again in safe mode and printing worked. Closed and opened in regular mode and printing worked and kept working. Doesn't make any sense. One more thing - I have QImage loaded on the D drive, WinXP on C. I checked the Virtual Memory settings. The VM on C was 3GB max and on D was set at No Paging File. I set that to 3GB max also. Had no effect on error, but I had done that before trying Safe Mode opening. After I got rid of the error I went back and set back to No Paging File on D and error did not return. It is still set at No paging File on D.

Just downloaded v2006.218. Uninstalled v217 and loaded v218. Right now all seems OK, but just have tried one print trial. If all keeps going well I will be registering the SW. Like its capabilities so far.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:16 PM   #4

As someone who sometimes dabbles in writing number cruching programs I note that computers can get wildly inaccurate when they are dividing using numbers very close to zero.

In the particular case I site, I was writing a circle circle intersection program where the intersection could be at two points, exactly one point--or tangency, or no points. With the test for tangency being when the square root of b squared minus 4ac was exactly zero. Yet many test cases the program bombed because the term ended up being a very small negative number way out there at the eighteenth place past the decimal base 10. So I had to write an error handler to correct this.

But if Qmage is now corrected and does not bomb one must assume that previous version was encountering frequent close to zero divides and is now corrected by an error handler of some sort---but still may be subject to possible wild errors if the error handler is not very well written.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:27 PM   #5

Osage wrote:
Quote:
As someone who sometimes dabbles in writing number cruching programs I note that computers can get wildly inaccurate when they are dividing using numbers very close to zero.

In the particular case I site, I was writing a circle circle intersection program where the intersection could be at two points, exactly one point--or tangency, or no points. With the test for tangency being when the square root of b squared minus 4ac was exactly zero. Yet many test cases the program bombed because the term ended up being a very small negative number way out there at the eighteenth place past the decimal base 10. So I had to write an error handler to correct this.

But if Qmage is now corrected and does not bomb one must assume that previous version was encountering frequent close to zero divides and is now corrected by an error handler of some sort---but still may be subject to possible wild errors if the error handler is not very well written.
It has nothing to do with anything like that. v2006.217 had a bug that caused it to write bogus data to the settings files under some conditions. As a result, numbers like zeros were getting written to places where there should never be zeros. v2006.218 fixes the problem.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote