Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 14, 2006, 3:11 PM   #1

I have been looking at Qimage and it seems like a really nice piece of software to purchase, so I purchased it today. The problem that I am having is getting it to and from Photoshop CS2 to process it in Photoshop and then print it in Qimage. What I have been doing is to work on it in Photoshop and then save it, then bring the new saved file back up into Qimage in order to print it. I know that this is the way that I am doing it and it is working, but there has to be a different way that I know nothing about. The printing with the software is really fantastic, but I just can not figure out how it interacts with Photoshop CS2. In Qimage I know about sending it to Photoshop CS2, but I am not sure how to bring it back into Qimage and that it comes back into Qimage processed since the pic that I print is all dark and it did not look processed. Now when I process it in Photoshop CS2 and then save it and open it in Qimage, the pic prints really great. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I used Photoshop CS2 to print it and it came out nice, but printint it with Qimage really makes it print that extra step and look really great. Any one have a idea on what I am doing wrong?
Digital Photo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:54 PM   #2

It sounds like you're not seeing your new photo in Qimage after you saved it (with a new / different file name) in Photoshop. Once you've closed the file and you're back in Qimage, try "refresh thumbs" which is in the "View" menu or just hit "F5". This will update the thumbnail pictures and should bring up your recently updated photo (or photos.) Look for the new file name or sort your images based on date.

Paul in NoVA
Olympus E- 500 C- 730
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoney_g/sets/
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:24 PM   #3

Thanks, I was not sure if it went from Qimage to Photoshop and back again automatically or if you had to save the file and then open it again in Qimage. I have the hang of it now and I really like it.
Digital Photo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote