Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:17 AM   #1

I do double sided printing for binding in books with a Canon i9900 printer. I need to be able to set up the print locations so there placement is identical both front and back. I can get this to work one sheet at the time, but I need a way to make it work automatically for all the added sheets.

Example: I often print four 7.5 X 5 prints on each side of 11 X 17 paper. The prints need to have 0.5-inch margins (borders) at top, bottom, and each side of the page.

I set the print margins to 0.5-inches all around and that works for the left and right borders just fine. The problem is that using the either of the center placement print options will not give a 0.5-inch border around each prints. The top page margin is 0.83-inches and the bottom page margin is 0.84-inches. That leaves 0.33-inches between the top and bottom of the prints.

On a single page, it is very easy to correct the situation by using the full page editor to adjust the print placement. It becomes a pain when doing a 50 page job.

How can I set up a page as required and have new pages keep the same print placement?

Wil
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:10 AM   #2

Try example 9 in the help. Just use the page editor to drag the templates to exactly where you want them and when you are done, save it as a layout. You can then use "Custom", "Layout..." and you can fill the templates at the exact same locations on every page.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote