Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Mar 22, 2006, 6:00 PM   #1

*I have a PC (XP) running Qimage attached directly to my mac (OSX) via cross cable. I have created a folder on the PC with sharing activated. I access this same folder on the mac side and drop my photoshop prepared jpegs (Adobe 1998 embedded) into it. For some reason the thumbnails in Qimage take on a very strong yellow cast, a while later the same thumbnails appear normal again but change again later, possibly when I drop more files into the folder. The images print (and softproof) perfectly, just the thumbnails appear to be affected. Is it possible that there is a conflict between the Windows ICM and the Mac Colorsync causing this? The CRT monitor has been properly calibrated 6500K 2.2 and I have checked that the profile created is set as the default monitor profile. Thank you in advance.
baldeegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:15 AM   #2

Qimage does its own color management so Windows shouldn't interfere. Just check your "Mntr ICC" in Qimage and make sure the proper monitor profile is shown. Also, since Qimage reads the profile of the image from the image file, make sure you save your images in a compatible image format (JPEG, TIFF, etc.) and that the profile (color space) is embedded in the image.

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:28 AM   #3

I had already checked colour settings, monitor profile etc. Seeing that the problem is intermittant I thought that something odd was happening with the embedded profile before being dealt with by Qimage.* Seeing that the folder on the PC was being accessed by the mac too (and being subject to its own colour management system - Colorsync) I thought that there might be a conflict happening. I know it's not necessarily a Qimage issue, it's just that I have only seen this happen in Qimage.* I thought I might add that I think Qimage is a fabulous program.
baldeegle is offline   Reply With Quote