Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing - Qimage Support Forum

Old Jun 3, 2006, 9:47 AM   #11

Whether or not PhotoShop (or any other software) works is irrelevant because you may be running some software/config/utility that simply isn't behaving properly with Qimage. It's common for intermittent config/system problems to only affect some software and for there to be nothing wrong with the software in question. More importantly in this case, PhotoShop doesn't even have a facility to restore/reset printer settings, so I'm not sure why you would think PhotoShop "works" when it can't even perform the same function to begin with!

As to the TIFF file, I use several third party add-ons to read certain information from different types of TIFF files. Qimage can detect most errors/corruption but because TIFF file headers can basically be programs themselves, there are an infinite variety of ways that the headers can be corrupted and not all of them can be detected before they cause trouble. In this case, since you are literally the only person having these problems in Qimage, I think your time would be better spent cleaning up your system and ensuring you have good image/cutout files.

I think since you basically just keep posting the same thing over and over, and I keep telling you the same thing in response, it'd be better to just let this one go if/until someone else chimes in with similar issues. The thread is here for people to see and I'm sure if anyone else is having the problem, they'll chime in and perhaps offer new information to help us solve the mystery. I'm willing to look further if anyone else can find any repeatable sequence that causes similar problems, but I am unable to find anything wrong with Qimage based on the info you have provided... but I do thank you for the info!

Mike
http://www.ddisoftware.com
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 1:14 PM   #12

Also I think this whole thread should be clear enough, for anyone to know more about Qimage. QI's competitors (including the people at Adobe) would have a deep sigh of satisfaction if they examined it! :sad:

Best Regards,

Rick Trelles

RickTrelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:18 AM   #13

Fortunately I think most people can see that this thread is about Rick Trelles, not Qimage!

Mike
mchaney is offline   Reply With Quote